Thursday, December 15, 2005

JoshuWHATS HAPPENING




Home sweet home, for the next five months anyway. I am one of 56 students attending the Joshua Wilderness Institute at Hume Lake Christian Camps. This is a nine month discipleship program focusing on spiritual growth and building a foundation in ones faith for the rest of there lives. When I'm at Joshua the days seem to go by slow, packed full of things to keep me busy, but when I get to the end of the week and can't believe it's already over. The majority of my time is taken up in classes like Old Testament, Theology, and Inductive Bible Study. If that doesn't fill my time I am always reading books for the next book discussion or just for fun. Every weekend we are required to work a different job at Hume Lake Christian Camps. I have found myself in every job from dish washing to the media center and I always love doing it. Though I stay busy there are still times of the day where we are free to do as we please. Since part of the program is a fast from Movies, Television, and Music, we have to find other thing to keep us occupied. Many times i will sit and play guitar in my bathroom (the only quiet place-remember there are 56 students living together) occasionally having my roomate jam with me. I have also resorted to coloring, making up stupid games with other guys, a lot of card games, and just general goofing around and reinacting our favorite parts of movies. Of course i always spend time writing letters to friends. Now that I' m home for christmas it's nice to take a short break but I can't wait to get back and finish off an already awesome year.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! You are now a part of the blog world ... welcome! I look forward to updates from Joshua.

joy said...

So what you're really trying to say in all of this is that you want us all to get you coloring books for christmas to enhance your coloring skills?
Ok, I get it. I can read between the lines.
Welcome to the wonderful world of "blogs", Robbie.

Jenny said...

Ok, Robbie ... it's time to write something exciting about San Diego! (like all of your evenings on the couch with Simon and a good book)